Get Adobe Flash player

Club News... 

Andy Roberts Presented with Life Membership  

At a recent IOM FA Junior League committee meeting
Mr Andy Roberts, former Chairman of the Junior League, was presented with Life Membership by the IOM FA President Tony Jones.

Tony Jones thanked Andy for his many years of service to Junior League football on the Isle of Man.

Current Junior League chairman Brian Callow added "people
like Andy are one in a million, he has steered the Junior
League for over 20 years, overseeing the introduction of
many different age groups from the original under 14s".
The Andreas Playing Fields
Andreas Village
Kirk Andreas
Isle of Man
IM7 4HJ 
01624 882016

Ayre United Division Two Cup Double 

Tangerines beat Colby 4-2 in Paul Henry Gold Cup final...

AYRE United added the Paul Henry Gold Cup to the already won GH Corlett Woods Cup at the Bowl on Friday evening as the senior Manx football season came to a close. Steve Jauncey’s Andreas outfit defeated final opponents Colby 4-2 to secure  the club’s third Gold Cup crown.  The Tangerines had to come from behind to pick up their latest spoils, Sam Renshaw putting Nick Leece’s 
southerners ahead midway through the first half before the first of three Colbyown goals levelled things up five minutes before the break.
Ayre surged into the front with two goals in as many minutes at the start of the second period. Again it was a Colby defender doing the honours for Ayre’s second goal before United’s ever-green striker James Teare made it 3-1.

Colby fought back and Adam Fretwell’s deflected shot gave raised the Station Ground faithful’s hopes of a comeback. The Moonlighters, however, couldn’t make their late pressure tell again and a third own goal after Jason Craine surging run and shot sealed the Tangerines the honours.

Ayre In Seventh Heaven With Woods Cup Rout 

AYRE United stormed to victory in the GH Corlett Woods Cup by producing a ​lethal attacking display to brush aside Pulrose United 7-1 in the final at the Bowl on Good Friday. With Pulrose missing several first team players, including leading scorer Barry English,and the form book well in Ayre’s favour going in the contest it was going to be atough ask for the Springfield Road side to upset the odds. And so it proved as, despiteabrave and determined effort from Kevin Cowin’s charges, it was Ayre who prevailed on the day, led by Jason Craine who grabbed a brace.
He was joined on the scoresheet by Paul Kennish, Phil Quayle, Chris Duggan, Tony Corlett and Stephen Jordan, while skipper Craig Cowin netted for Pully with a superb second-half strike. It wasn’t long before the Tangerines made their mark in the contest as they raced into a ninth minute lead when Quayle showed good perseverance down the left flank before
delivering a low cross to Craine who slotted in at the near post, despite Pulrose keeper
Paul Guiver getting a foot to the ball.

That goal set the tone for the first half hour as the northerners controlled proceedings in the middle of the pitch where Pully were guilty of needlessly giving the ball away cheaply.This was even more apparent in the 20th minute when Pulrose were the makers of their own downfall as Ayre doubled their advantage in spectacular fashion. Again it came about as a result of good work down the left flank by the northern pair of Craine and Duggan but the danger seemed to have passed when they lost possession.

However, a Pulrose defender inexplicably played the ball across the face of his own goal to where the impressive Kennish was lurking and the midfielder chested the ball before rifling a superb half-volley over Guiver from 20 yards and in off the crossbar for 2-0. The game was seemingly put out of reach just eight minutes later when Ayre netted their third of the afternoon following more good link-up play between Quayle and Craine. This time it was Craine who turned provider as he latched onto a good ball by skipper Stephen Parrish before delivering an inviting cross into the box where Quayle beat his marker and thumped a header into the back of the net. To their credit, Pulrose refused to give up and Kevin Cowin’s men responded well, taking the game to their opponents as they searched for a route back into the game. They went close soon after when Matthew Cowin was sent racing through on goal but the sriker hurried his shot and Ayre keeper Andy Ball was able to save comfortably.

At the other end of the pitch the northerners almost grabbed a fourth when Quayle showed good feet to slalom his way past several defenders before teeing up Craine but the striker was denied a second goal when his curling effort was brilliantly tipped away by Guiver.
As half-time approached, Pully upped the pressure and nearly reduced the deficit no fewer than three times, first through Michael Skillen who fired over from the edge of the box before the same player saw a shot deflected just wide.The best chance fell to captain Craig Cowin who latched onto a corner at the far post but his venomous strike sailed inches over the bar.

Just when it looked like it would remain 3-0 at the break, Ayre delivered a classic sucker punch right on the stroke of half-time. Again Pulrose could only blame themselves as defender JP Glover fluffed a clearance, allowing Craine to race clean through on goal and the striker kept his composure to slot past Guiver.
And the Tangerines began the second half the way they ended the first, netting within two minutes to snuff out any lingering hopes of an unlikely comeback. Kennish’s corner from the right was only half-cleared as far as Duggan on the left side of the area and the winger cut in before curling a shot past the reach of Guiver and into the far corner of the net for 5-0.

The same player soon had the ball in the back of the net again after racing through but his effort was ruled out for offside. A raft of substitutions soon followed which disrupted the flow of the game for the next 25 minutes, with the only notable chance in that time falling to Craine who was denied a hat-trick by a fine block from Glover when a goal looked certain.

Like in the first half, Pulrose refused to lie down and were rewarded with arguably the goal of the game thanks to skipper Craig Cowin.
Venturing forward into Ayre territory, the Pully captain spotted Ball off his line and launched an audacious strike which completely caught the northern keeper unawares and nestled into the back of the net to give the Pully faithful something to cheer about.

However, normal service was soon restored and seven minutes later the Tangerines restored their five-goal cushion when some good play resulted in Tony Corlett receiving the ball on the edge of the box and the midfielder fizzed a low shot into the bottom left corner of the net.

The scoring was complete three minutes from the end in superb fashion when the ball dropped to substitute Stephen Jordan 25 yards out and the attacker unleashed an unstoppable shot past Guiver which cannoned in off the right-hand post to complete a resounding 7-1 victory.

Referee Rod Jones soon brought proceedings to a halt with the final whistle, sparking jubilant scenes amongst the Ayre United faithful who had been in good voice all afternoon as they watched their side clinch an eighth GH Corlett Woods Cup title in emphatic fashion.